The best leads to start with are old expireds.
Here’s why I recommend you start with them:
- They are very easy to find. At least compared to other lead sources.
- You have little to no competition with them.
- They are more willing to pay a real estate commission than other leads.
- They are more appreciative of agents — compared to FSBOs.
- They tend to be more motivated than other lead sources.
- There are a lot of them available in just about every market.
For these reasons, I call them “Gold Mine Leads.” Other examples of what I would call gold mine leads are inherited homes, foreclosure auctions, abandoned homes, and vacant lots.
But those leads are more difficult to find than old expireds. So, let’s start with the old Expireds. Make sense?